Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Magnitude of the Situation

My oldest brother was a master of big words my little brother loved attention it was the perfect combination for what took place. Nick began to work with Cessna teaching him to form words that were far beyond his ability to understand. Finally, he was ready. His timing couldn't have been better, he turned to the adult who addressed him and with his toddler's tongue he proclaimed, "You cannot fully comprehend the magnitude of the situation."

What is the magnitude of my situation? This year has brought with it so many challenges. If I wasn't looking at life through the lens of faith I think the magnitude of the situation would overwhelm me. My faith isn't in myself and it isn't in the belief that everything is going to be alright. My faith doesn't keep me experiencing the storm that rages all around me. But by faith I can see a greater story being told than just the chapter I am experiencing now.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor powers, neither heights nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8: 38,39) It is in the magnitude of God's promise that I have put my faith.

Faith is being sure of what I hope for and confident about what I don't see. What I do see is scary. I see broken hurting people but through eyes of faith I also see a Redeemer. Long ago I put my confidence in the one who said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."(Hebrews 13:5) Absolute magnitude is a measure of the intrinsic luminosity of a celestial body. The absolute magnitude of God's grace and glory can only be seen through eyes of faith.

Heavenly Father, I am overwhelmed by the greatness of Your love and Your peace that passes understanding. Your love is far beyond my comprehension. Though I do not fully understand the situations I find myself in I know that I am not alone and that nothing can separate me from Your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment