Saturday, October 29, 2016

When I'm On My Knees

When I'm on my knees before the King of heaven, all of life is translated according to His glory. The roar of angry voices is hushed by reverent silence. The clamor of those who want to dominate others ceases because of the presence of His Majesty. The truth can be clearly seen. The Most High God is ruler over the kingdom of men, and He alone places over it anyone He wants and He sets over it even the lowliest of men.

When I'm on my knees I recognize that the Lord has established His throne in heaven, and His kingdom rules over all. The inhabitants of earth, though puffed up with pride, are counted as nothing. The Lord of Hosts does what He wants with the army of heaven and with the inhabitants of the earth. There is no one who can hold back His hand or say to Him, "What have You done?" The King of heaven is able to humble those who walk in pride.

In His presence I hear the roar of crashing thunder, but when I'm on my knees the sound of thunder becomes the gentle voice of my heavenly father inviting me to call on Him, to come and pray to Him. With the invitation comes the promise that the Most High God will listen to me and that when I seek Him with all my heart I will not be disappointed. The King of heaven resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.

On this side of eternity there is so much I cannot understand and often my eyesight is dimmed by tears. But when I humble myself and bow my knees and look at life through the lens of faith, I recognize that though the way is dark to me Light dwells with Him. When all of life is translated by His glory I can at last see He never makes a mistake.

When I was young I thought of God as though He was a secret ingredient that I could add to the recipe of my life to make it more pleasant. But now in awe I realize the truth: The same God who is sovereign over the kingdom of men is also sovereign over the details of my life. When I'm on my knees before the King of heaven I can at last see that He humbled Himself and became a man so that I could become a citizen of the kingdom of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment