Friday, April 1, 2011

If just a cup of water I place within you hand...

"If just a cup of water I place within your hand then just a cup of water is all that I demand." These words to a song  were the words that came to me my first morning home from Romania.

Paula had told me as we were preparing to go that she had only been able to think of two songs "Amazing  Grace" and "Jesus loves me". This was frustrating for her because she is an accomplished singer with a library of CDs. Paula was also the team leader for our trip and I believe that God had given her the theme for all that took place on our Romanian trip.All that was said on this trip and all that was done centered around these two truths,God's amazing grace and the love of Jesus.

Again and again we saw this truth played out. When we went to Casa Joseph and met the girls who lived at the orphanage they listened spellbound as Paula sang these two songs to them and then they requested they be sung every time we saw them. I cannot count how many times Paula sang about God's grace and Jesus' love at churches at the school and at the nightly Bible study.

On our last day in Romania we were all tired. Paula and I both were fighting a cold Kara our team mate had given her testimony numerous times. We were going to two churches. On the way I prayed and asked God what I should say. It's not that I hadn't prepared for this trip but by this time I had already spoken about twenty times. In answer to my prayer I felt the Lord encouraging me to rest in His love and trust in His grace.

Each time I stood to speak I was given a message for that particular church.. On our way home I spoke to my teammates about my experience. They had felt the same way. We had all experienced  both God's grace and his love.

"If just a cup of water I place within you hand then just a cup of water is all that I demand." What a privilege to experience being both called and equipped to serve the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I absolutely love you. Serving with you and Paula has been one of the greatest gifts God has given to me.

    Amazing grace. Amazing love. So true.

    Love,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete