Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Delivered from the Dominion of Darkness

If I were to gaze into the Sun I would loose my vision.  Even if I could approach the Sun I would be consumed by it's brilliance.

There was once an angel who dwelt in the presence of unapproachable light. But this angel did not understand that he was the servant and not the master. When cast out of the presence of God the one who once was an angel of light became darkness itself. A kingdom was given to him a septer was placed in his hand. He is the ruler of darkness and blinds the minds of those who follow him.

The prince of darkness is powerful. Those who belong to his dominion walk with eyes cast down lest they are blinded by the Sun. Their minds are held captive by the Liar who feeds them thier daily rations of despair.  "You have no hope. There is no one who can deliver you. "  So shackled by the guilt that darkness brings they are held captive in the dominion of darkness.

The power of every lie is that there is a little bit of truth mingled in it. The Liar whispers,"You are too dark to approach the Light. You would be consumed!" This is true. But in the fullness of time, in the Kingdom of Heaven a shout was heard from the throne ,"Go get my children! " The Sun of Righteous cloaked His glory in a robe of human flesh. The deliverer had come.

Lord Jesus, you are the image of the invisible God. Only you could deliver me from the domain of darkness and transfer me into the kingdom of light. In your light I see light.  Thank you for coming to me because I could not have come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment