Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Mystery

For almost fifty years now my days have begun by opening God's word and listening for His voice. Day after day, month after month, year after year I have returned to the same book. This is a mystery to me because I've never grown tired of it in fact it's just the opposite. In some ways it must be like drinking water and eating bread I have never grown tired of water or bread either. But it's more than that.

This is a book I have read the majority of my life almost every day of my life yet it always seems new and fresh. It is the story of God's love. The more I read the more I am drawn into the fathomless depths of this love. It is as impossible to measure the depth of this book as it is to measure the depth of His love.

This morning as I listened to His voice I heard, "Look, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is anything to difficult for me?" again I heard, "The LORD who made the earth, the LORD who forms it to establish it, the LORD is His name, says this: Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and wonderful things you do not know." (Jeremiah 32:27, Jeremiah 33:2) It was as if I had been issued an invitation to view life from an eternal, heavenly perspective.

I know that there are those who read the Bible and consider it foolishness. They consider people who base their lives on what is written within it's pages as unintelligent. They cannot understand nor can they make since of what is being said. This is completely understandable because the person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. God's word is not human wisdom but instead it is taught by the Spirit combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. No natural, unbelieving  man can understand these things.

Heavenly Father, once more I have come to Your living word to be refreshed by the living water and the living bread I find there. I humble myself before You who are the God of all flesh. I call to You who made the earth and established it because You have invited me to call to You through Your word. Show me by the power of Your Holy Spirit the great and wonderful things hidden within it's pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment