Thursday, April 23, 2015

A Quiet Time Hijacked by Distructo Pup!

The hummingbird was silently hovering around it's feeder, the Sun was just beginning to rise as I sat on my front porch having my quiet time. I have been memorizing and meditating on a portion in Ephesians that that talks about how God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places. I was letting this thought bathe my mind when I heard it....distructo pup had struck again!

Between his paws was a sentimental paper I had tucked into my Bible for safe keeping. When I screamed he looked up at me with his quizzical brown eyes the freshly ripped paper still clinging to his mouth. Any peace, serenity or quiet was destroyed; I was furious! I wanted my day to begin with quiet and serenity instead it had begun with rage and fury.

Does how the day begin dictate how the day will be, only if you let it. So how could I keep these negative emotions from dominating me? First, I had to deal with them in a healthy way. I just have one question, why is that so hard!?! My mind felt like a war zone full of anger.

I needed to refocus so I went back to Ephesians where I had been before I found the dog tearing up my paper. I thought to myself that if I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places surely I can ask God to help me sort out my hijacked emotions. So I prayed the prayer I so often pray. "God help me."

I went outside and sat on the porch steps Solomon, otherwise known as distucto pup, came and put his head on my lap. Solomon is simply a puppy who needs training. My mind went back to the rest of the verse I've been meditating on in Ephesians "he chose us in him before the foundations of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him." I smiled and though to myself how God can use even a puppy in the process of sanctifying those he has chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment