Friday, March 3, 2017

A Memory Awakened by a Song

I wrapped myself in a warm blanket and sat on the porch waiting for the Sun to rise. As I sat waiting for the Light, my spirit was lifted up in praise through the words of a song.

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep my faith will stand

The music awoke a memory that was so fresh is was as if I were reliving it. In my memory it was dusk and I was once more in the car on my way the hospital to have brain surgery. All the way there I listened to the same song over and over.

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Your and You are mine

I saw again in my memory the small bed on which I lay surrounded by doctors. I felt so small and vulnerable, yet in my heart I heard the song.

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand will be my guide
Where feet my fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

After the surgery my face became paralyzed. For three months I was unable to close my eye without taping it closed. The eye doctor told me I had two weeks before I would lose the vision in my eye. So I found myself going back to the hospital this time to have surgery on my eyes. Again I lifted my broken spirit with the words of the song.

So I will call upon Your Name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

They didn't put me to sleep for the eye surgery but instead they told me that they could play music for me to take my mind off of what they were doing. Once more I let the words of the song become my prayer.

Spirit, lead me where my trust is without boundaries
Let me walk upon the waters 
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wonder
And faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior

The next morning I went out while it was still dark. I wrapped myself in a warm wool blanket and I waited for the dawn. Today these memories were reawaken, and once more I felt the joy of having my soul rest in my Savior's embrace.

Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Hillsong

   

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for helping out, superb information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having read this I believed it was rather
    enlightening. I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put this information together.
    I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and commenting.
    But so what, it was still worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoah this weblog is excellent i love reading your articles.
    Keep up the great work! You understand, many individuals are hunting round for this information, you can help them greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tremendous things here. I'm very happy to peer your post.
    Thank you a lot and I'm having a look forward to contact you.
    Will you kindly drop me a mail?

    ReplyDelete