Friday, August 4, 2017

When You Don't Know What to Do

The situation caught me by surprise. It took my breath away. I could taste the cold, metallic taste of fear. I felt small and vulnerable. All reason fled from my mind leaving me with only one thought. I. Don't. Know. What. To. Do!

My eyes were wide with fear but I could see nothing. My heart was racing. I was barely able to breathe. Again my mind screamed, "I don't know what to do!" Suddenly there was a knock at the door. When I reached to open the door I found that the handles of the bolt were dripping with myrrh. I breathed in the dark rich aroma as the smell of the perfume filled my senses. My breathing and the beat of my heart began to slow. My panic was replaced by peace. That is when I saw him.

The situation that I faced was overwhelming. The reality was that I truly didn't know what to do. But when he knocked I opened the door. I breathed in the fragrance of his presence and looked deeply into his eyes and heard him ask, "May I come in?" I was no longer alone. The weight that had almost crushed me was lifted from my shoulders. The taste of fear was replaced by the taste of bread and the taste of wine.

When he entered through the door I had opened, he invited me to have communion with him. Time seemed to stand still. I still didn't know what to do, but my eyes were fixed on him. I accepted his invitation and found before me a banqueting table.  Above my seat was a banner of love.

These were thoughts that I had as I woke this morning. I lay in bed letting these truths bathe my mind. The truth is that there are times in life when the battles that I face overwhelm me. There have been many times when I have cried out in desperation, "I don't know what to do!" But these times have been followed by a simple prayer, "My eyes are on you." I have opened the door of faith so that I can look into the eyes of Jesus. I breathe in the fragrance of the Prince of Peace and I know that the battle belongs to the Lord. In sweet communion with him I taste and see that the Lord is good.

.https://youtu.be/czxd5oa-gi0

No comments:

Post a Comment