Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Seeing Through the Correct Lens

I saw a disturbing video of men who were in Argentina praying outside a cathedral while a mob attacked them. The next morning I read:

"Look! The Lord comes with thousands of His holy ones to execute judgement on all, and to convict them of all their ungodly deeds that they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things ungodly sinners have said against Him..

These people are discontented grumblers, walking according to their desires; their mouths utter arrogant words, flattering people for their own advantage.

But you, dear friend, remember the words foretold by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; they told you, 'In the end times there will be scoffers walking according to their own ungodly desires.' these people create divisions and are merely natural, not having the Spirit.

But you, dear friends, building yourselves up in you most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, expecting the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ for eternal life. Have mercy on some who doubt; save others by snatching them from the fire; on others have mercy in fear, hating even the garments defiled by the flesh.

Now to him who is able to protect you from stumbling and to make you stand in the presence of His glory, blameless and with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, Majesty, power, and authority before all time now, and forever. Amen"(Jude: 14-24)

Lord Jesus, my natural inclination is to be angry. It is only when I see what is happening around me through the lens of Scripture that I understand how to respond. You tell me to build myself up in holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit. My natural inclination is to retaliate but You tell me to keep myself in the love of God and to show mercy. O Lord, only You can keep me from stumbling! Please help me to represent you correctly!




No comments:

Post a Comment