Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Waiting for the Dawn

I had gone to bed the night before fighting with the darkness.  I was grateful when sleep came but I know how this works.  When you go to sleep fighting the darkness it will wake you back up. I heard the oppressive voice of darkness but I chose not to listen. Instead I focused my mind on truth and waited for the dawn.

I love to watch the sunrise. It is a daily reminder to me of the tender mercy of God. No matter how dark the night may be I am visited in the morning by the sunrise. The Sun rises and the shadows flee. The morning brings me word of God's unfailing love.

Sometimes there is weeping in the night. I am aware of the suffering of the world around me. I see the news. I see the power of evil. But joy comes in the morning. I know the promise, I know the truth. "The sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays." (Malachi 4:2) This is the tender mercy of God, He gives light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, He guides our feet into the way of peace.

I wake while it is still dark knowing that the dawn is coming. This is the truth that anchors my days; light conquers the darkness. Morning by morning I open God's word while waiting for the dawn. His word is a lamp shinning in a dark place. I am reminded of the prophetic word that there is a day that will dawn when the morning star will arise in my heart.

Lord Jesus,  You are the bright and morning star for whom I wait. In Your word I find the promise that You are coming. And so as I wait for the dawn my pray is, "Come Lord Jesus! "

1 comment:

  1. DEAREST SARAH, WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN IS BEAUTIFUL!
    THANK YOU, LOVE, MOM

    ReplyDelete