Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Sanctuary

I needed asylum.

The storm clouds blackened the sky; the only lights to be seen were the flaming arrows of lighting. The booming thunder left a deafening ringing in my ears. I was driven by the storm to seek sanctuary.

I found a hiding place, a place of peace, a place of deep rest. This is a stillness that you can only know in the midst of a storm. Here, I heard the sound of rushing waters like a mighty peal of thunder and yet the sound soothed my soul. I was calmed as if listening to a harpist strumming his harp.

I found myself in the presence of one who wrapped Himself with light as with as garment. In this holy place no darkness could dwell. When His light shone in the storm I saw that I was surrounded by a rainbow.

In the beauty of the rainbow I heard the whisper of a promise of peace. I found myself enveloped in the love of God. It was then I realized the storm that drove me to seek asylum had in truth been an invitation to know the stillness that can only come by knowing God.


No comments:

Post a Comment