Tuesday, May 9, 2017

God of the Macro and the Micro

The corridor is dark. The way is unknown. Or perhaps it would be more correct to say that the way is unknown to me. However, the one who does know the way has offered me a light that shines in the darkness.

For the last several months I have immersed myself in the book of Daniel. Having read his words and having looked through his eyes at the visions given to him, I feel like I know him. He was a man, an alien. He was fulfilling God's purposes in his generation. The prophecies God gave him were like a light that shined down the corridor of time. Daniel didn't fully understand all God showed him, but what he did understand was that God was in control.

For the past three weeks I have been studying the last section of Daniel. Daniel is now an old man and his assumptions of what was to take place and what was actually happening didn't match. He was mourning. He humbled himself before the Most High God. When God sent His messenger to Daniel the curtains of heaven were pulled back. Man was given an understanding of the spiritual realm.

What Daniel was told he could not understand. He was a man whom God esteemed highly, a man dearly loved. Amos 3:7 tells us that, "Indeed, the Lord God does nothing without revealing His counsel to His servants the prophets." There are one hundred and thirty five prophecies that have already been fulfilled from the eleventh chapter of Daniel. What these fulfilled prophecies point to is a sovereign God. The Ancient of Days is seated in the heavens and He holds the scepter in His hands.

I believe that the God who is God of the macro is also God of the micro. The Lord of Hosts who rules over angel armies, the Most High God who is sovereign over kingdoms and nations, principalities and powers, is also Lord over my life. I am invited to humble myself just as Daniel did and bring my prayers before the throne of the Almighty. I rest in the truth that, although the corridor may seem dark and the path I should take is unknown to me, it is known to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment