Friday, October 11, 2013

The Maze

We walked beneath the deep blue of the Autumn sky. My granddaughter and I were finding our way through a maze of corn. The tall stalks blocked my ability to see anything except the path I was on. From my perspective all I could see were tall corn stalks but my granddaughter showed me an aerial view of the maze. I was stunned by the detailed picture that had been created by cutting different paths into the crop of corn.

There are times when I feel like my life is a maze, a puzzle with complex and confusing turns. I get confused and unsure of the correct path to take. I can't really see the big picture and sometimes the path I'm on makes no since to me at all. However, I believe their is an eternal view to the life I live.

In God's word I am given a glimpse of eternity which helps bring meaning to this complex passage I find myself on. There is a sanctification process that occurs on this journey as I rely on faith because my earthly vision is blocked. My lack of understanding could cause me to walk in fear except for the promise I have found in God' word.  "Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."(1 Thessalonians 5:23)

I believe that I have been invited to be a part of the story of redemption. Living out my part in this story must be done by faith, being sure of what I hope for and confident about what I do not see. If this journey I am on depended on my own understanding I would be lost in the maze. But I believe in the promise given me that, "He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it."(1 Thessalonians 5:24)

Lord Jesus, thank You for leading me on this journey and giving meaning to my life.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I am amazed by your insight. I am so touched by what you have written. I thank God for you.

    ReplyDelete