Monday, October 21, 2013

The Faith that Produces Joy

Her heart was heavy, the path she had been forced to walk was not of her choosing. She was the mother of young children and they looked to her to see the pattern they were to follow. With quite resolve she spoke the words,"I am a woman of faith." Because of her faith she chose to rejoice, because of her faith she chose to join in the celebration. She celebrated life, her life. She celebrated because she was sure of what she hoped for confident of what she could neither see nor feel.

There is a joy in this journey of life that is found in the determination to lay hold of that for which we were laid hold of by Christ Jesus. This is a since of joy that is found by those who are willing to press on toward "the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."(Philippians 3:14) It is the joy of believing that God is at work in the trails and the sorrows.

While peering intently through a veil of tears until we see His face we discover He has given us endurance. Choosing to rejoice in His promises and His love a miracle begins to take place within us. The storm is raging but the anchor of hope has firmly gripped the solid rock. The power of the Holy Spirit is revealed as joy and peace are poured out into our hearts.

The one who is willing to trust in God even when what they see causes them to tremble will become strong. "Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."(Nehemiah 8:10) The one who is willing to let their heart's joy be based on the hope of receiving God's promises finds safety. They discover, "The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him."(Psalm 28:7)

My Lord, today as I rejoice in You I ask that others would be refreshed by my joy. Thank for Your Spirit that produces joy and peace in my heart as I trust in You.

1 comment:

  1. Refreshing, Sarah. Each day has its burdens - these verses remind us what's true in the midst of our struggles.

    ReplyDelete