Monday, April 7, 2014

Transformed

Sadie had her first baby last night and her life will forever be changed. I am going to Rachel and Zach's wedding today. Rachel will no longer be Rachel Shrock she will be Rachel Clanton. I have set apart April 26th to spend the day with my friend Wendy. Last year on that day her world was forever altered when her husband died.

Circumstances change and we find our lives altered. Sometimes the changes bring joy sometimes they bring tears, sometimes they bring both. Whether my life is being altered by joy or sorrow I find that I crave something that will not change. In fact I have found that the more transition I experience in life the more I long for stability!

"Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy. Let me dwell in your tent forever! Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings." (Psalm 61:1-4) When God answers this prayer and I find my feet on solid, higher ground I gain perspective. Though the landscape of my life is altered I have sought refuge and found it in the strong tower of God's faithfulness.

Life continually is changing and so am I. I have been changed and altered by the things I have experienced. Like Sadie when my first child was put into my arms I began to see the world through a different lens. Like Rachel when I entered into a covenant relationship with my husband I learned to think not as a single person but as part of a couple. Like Wendy I have known what it is to have grief alter my life. But I also know that when I seek refuge under the wings of God my life is transformed!

Heavenly Father, thank You that you hear the cry of those who when their world spins call to You. Thank You, for leading us to the rock that is higher than we are. Thank You, for opening Your wings to us and inviting us to find refuge. Thank You, that when we come to that high and holy place we do not stay the same. Thank You, that when we seek in the midst of our ever changing world the intimacy that we find close to Your heart, beneath Your wing, we also find that we have been transformed.

No comments:

Post a Comment