Sunday, May 25, 2014

How to Escape the Vortex

Sometimes I can get sucked into the vortex of negative thoughts. They begin to swirl round and round drawing me in, pulling me downward. The whirling of negative thoughts can feel so powerful that nothing but them seems to occupy my mind. I could easily be lost forever in the whirlwind except for this; I know the way to escape.

I chose to listen to a different voice. I focused my mind on the Word that was with God in the beginning of time. I find in him life. The negative swirl of thoughts brings death to my soul. But the life that I find in his words bring light. The light shines in the darkness of my thoughts, but the darkness cannot overcome it.

The power of hurtful, negative thoughts is great and they bring with them death but there is a something greater still. A thought that became a word. A word that became flesh. An invitation to receive and believe and escape the whirlwind of deadly thought.

But the voice that I hear calling is offering more than simply an escape. The voice offers life and in the life there is light. In the darkness all I can see is the darkness , however, in the light every thing is made visible.

Lord Jesus, You are the word that became flesh and brought life and lihgt, grace and truth. In You alone I find the way to escape the vortex of negative thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment