Thursday, November 13, 2014

Prophetic Perspective

 "I have never really read the "Revelation."' I could tell she felt a since of embarrassment in this confession yet I also understood her hesitation to open the door into the world of prophecy. There are two things that draw me into this book. The first is the way the book begins, "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place." The word revelation means, an unveiling, uncovering, revealing. I open the book with the anticipation that my spirit will also be open to this unveiling, uncovering, revealing, this revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to me the things must soon take place.

The second reason I plunge myself into this spiritual place is the promise I find in the third verse. "Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and those who keep what is written in it, for the time is near." Without this blessing I'm not sure I would have the courage to venture into this unseen world where spiritual truths and judgments are revealed.

When an infant is born into the world they do not come fully comprehending the mystery of language. Words wash over them but in time they begin to connect meaning to the sounds they hear. Parents understand that the process of revealing their thoughts to their children will take time. Like a child I do not fully comprehend the mystery set before me but I put my trust in the one who has promised a blessing and I listen and I read and I let the words of the prophecy wash over me.

John was told in Revelation to write the things he saw, and the things which are, and the things that were to take place in the future. John wrote as the Spirit led unveiling to those who read aloud and to those who hear all these things from a prophetic perspective. The natural mind cannot comprehend the Spiritual truths reveled in Revelation. However, to those who have called on the name of Jesus as Savior He has given to them His Spirit. It is through the Spirit both blessing and understanding comes for all who will open the book and read.


No comments:

Post a Comment