Saturday, June 22, 2013

When All You Can See is a Dim Relection

"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been known." (1 Corinthians 13:12) I have watched my friend this week trying to understand painful confusing events that have taken place in her life. Her understanding is dark and obscure now because somethings will only make since in the light of Heaven when all the clouds and darkness that hide God's face are removed. Today she is walking by faith, anchored by hope and trusting in the love of God.

I have watched my friend longing for the time when she will have complete understanding of all that God is doing and this partial understanding will be a thing of the past. As I have walked with my friend during this time I have been reminded of Daniel. Daniel was a man to whom God had given prophetic powers, through God he understood mysteries and had great knowledge. But Daniel lived during a time when nations where shifting like tectonic plates. "In those days I, Daniel, was mourning for three week."(Daniel 10:2)

Daniel had set his heart to understand and to humble himself before God. God responded by sending him an angel with the message that Daniel was greatly loved. This messenger from God spoke of what was even then taking place in the realms of the spiritual world. God showed Himself to Daniel as the Sovereign Lord, God who has a detailed plan for the ages. Even then Daniel did not fully understand what had been shown him because he was looking, "in a mirror dimly." He didn't completely understand but he put his trust and confidence in the God who greatly loved him and he lived out the rest of his days in faith believing that God was in control.

I watch as my friend humbles herself before God longing to understand. I stand beside her with the message that she is not forgotten and that she is greatly loved by God. I remind her of what she already knows. "We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against authorities, against cosmic power over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."(Ephesians 6:12) I pray that the eyes of her heart will be enlightened and that she will know the hope to which she has been called. I pray God will open her eyes and give her the ability to see beyond the suffering of today so that with the eyes of her heart she will see the riches of God's glorious inheritance. "And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power." (Ephesians 1:18) I pray for my friend that though she doesn't completely understand what God is doing she will choose to put her trust and confidence in the God who greatly loves her and that she will choose to live her life believing that God is in control and has chosen her to be part of His story.


No comments:

Post a Comment