Monday, November 19, 2012

There is a Goat in the Middle of the Highway

I don't want to be late. I don't want to be early. I just want to be on time, but there is a goat in the middle of the highway. This goat has a name, her name is Sugar. She's is a LaMancha goat. This means Sugar has no ears. Sugar has no horns. Sugar has no handle for me to grab her by. I live on a farm but I'm not really a farmer. All I want to do is get to my appointment on time, but there is a goat in the middle of the highway.

I park my car, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do but I can't pretend I don't notice this goat named Sugar in the highway. This was not part of my plans for today. I'm now standing next to the goat and I'm talking out load but not to the goat. "Father, what am supposed to about this! You know I don't know how to do this sort of thing! This goat has no handle!" I think I'm kind of screaming the prayer as the cars and trucks whiz by.

I guess goats don't understand English because I'm telling her where she needs to go to be safe but she keeps going in the opposite direction. I've been chasing that goat for thirty minutes and now I have to call and explain why I'm not going to be there for my appointment. The phone is pressed to my ear by my shoulder because I'm holding a tree branch in each hand. Suddenly, I have an idea I let the phone drop and grab my good silk scarf from around my neck and tie it around Sugar's neck. At last I can  lead  drag Sugar to safety.

Now, I'm sitting in my car just thinking about what just happened. It's as if I've been given a picture of what this past week was like. I made plans of what I would do but they didn't happen because I'm not really the one who is in control. Not only that but sometimes I'm just like Sugar standing the middle of harms way but not trusting the one who wants to lead me to safety.

Heavenly Father, Your word says to, "Trust in the LORD with all you heart and do not lean on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5) That is so hard to do. Please help me to humble myself and believe that You are LORD. When You allow things in my life that I am not expecting please help me trust You.

No comments:

Post a Comment