Monday, May 6, 2013

Ann Without an 'e' But Full of Grace

Grace is the communication of the divine goodness of God in my life, something I don't deserve, I never worked for, I could never earn. I see glimpses of God's grace in so many areas of my life but I want to share one who has communicated this divine goodness of God to me for almost fifteen years. She is my granddaughter Ann, her name means grace.

Saturday I was invited by my grandchildren to be part of a two person audience so that I could watch a talent show and a fashion show. My daughter and I sat in the chairs provided for us and then Ann, who is five years older than her brother and eight years older than her sister, began directing and filming the production and OH what a production! All that rainy rainy day Ann had worked with her siblings on the show and the end result caused the house to be fill with love and laughter.

Watching Ann awake to become the person whom God has chosen her to be has filled my heart with amazment. One of Ann's talents is her sense of direction. When I was little older than she is now I would get so lost that I often would just give up trying to reach my destination and start praying desperately that I could just figure out how to get home.

The divine goodness of God is communicated to me in the gift of people He has put into my life like my granddaughter Ann. Being with Ann also reminds me of other ways I experience His goodness. Thinking about how Ann lovingly was directing her brother and sister I was reminded that though I can't see God He is very active in this production of my life. Watching Ann use her amazing sense of direction I am reminded that though I often loose my way I have a shepherd who not only knows where I'm going but also knows how to reach that destination.

Lord, thank You for all the ways You've chosen to communicate Your divine goodness to me. Thank You for blessing my life with my granddaughter Ann.

No comments:

Post a Comment