Saturday, August 17, 2013

How Do You See Him?

"To come into the presence of the living God is to be changed. You cannot come before the high and holy one and stay the same. So change me Lord. Remake Lord. Conform me to the image of Your Son." I heard this song over thirty years ago but I often hear it in my mind when I come to worship.

A.W. Tozer said, "No one can know the true grace of God who has not first known the fear of God. Always there was about any manifestation of God something that dismayed the onlooker, that daunted and overawed them." I have experienced this sense of awe and wonder in the presence of the Holy God but I've also seen Him with the eyes of a child.

When I was a little girl I was drawn to the stories of Jesus. As a child I would pretend that I was one of the children who lived during the time Jesus was on earth. I would lay my head on the pillow and image I was laying my head on Jesus' lap then I would pour out my heart to Him. I learned the awe and respect for God as I grew older but I never lost my childlike since of intimacy.

When I read the story of John who at the last supper was leaning on Jesus I smile because that is where as I child I often saw myself. I love this relationship John had with Jesus but I also love the other way Jesus revealed Himself to John. "The revelation of Jesus Christ God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place." This time when John saw Jesus He was, "Clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest. The hairs of his head were white like wool, as white as snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters. In his hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength."(Revelation 1:13-16) This time John could not stand in his presences but fell at his feet as if though death.

Lord Jesus, thank You for drawing me to yourself when I was a young girl. But Jesus thank You for also allowing be to worship You in the spender of You Holiness. As I humble myself before You I do pray that You would change me, and remake me and conform me into Your image so that I might represent You correctly in my generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment