Saturday, August 24, 2013

What Am I Supposed to Do?

The acoustics in the room were terrible! The room was filled with talking people, music being loudly played while at the same time instructions were given over the loud speakers. My eardrums vibrated with the sounds but I found it difficult to really comprehend anything that was being said. Sometimes when I tying to understand God's will I feel the same way.

"In quietness and in trust shall be your strength." (Isaiah 30:15) I often find that in order for me to discern what God is saying I need to find a quiet place. I make the conscious choice to withdraw. Because I believe God is speaking I step away from the noise so that I can hear His voice and in the silence I find strength.

"And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,'This is the way, walk in it,' when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left." (Isaiah 30:25) To be able to discern the will of God I need to be able to hear His voice. In the cacophony of voices how can I distinguish which one is God's? In order to discern the good and acceptable and perfect will of God I must make the choice not to be conformed to the world but instead transformed by the renewing of my mind.

I step outside the noisy room and wait with expectation. My spirit vibrates with the sound of His voice and I begin to understand. The will of God is so much bigger than time and space. I ask for wisdom concerning with way to turn. I hear in response not only the answer to my question for direction but because of His merciful kindness He shows me the depths of the riches and the knowledge of God. "How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!" (Romans 13:33)


No comments:

Post a Comment