Sunday, March 2, 2014

What I learned At Children's Chruch

"Mom,' Abigail whispered as she slid into the seat beside me at church, 'Katie's car broke down she won't be here and I need you to help me." I didn't mind, we have some really fun children at our church and I love watching my daughter teach. However, I didn't anticipate the lesson I would learn from one of the youngest children there.

First, Abigail had us all get in a circle and then she divided us into groups of threes. Each group picked one person to be carried by the other two to where she was standing in the middle of the room. There was laughter and some children got dragged rather than carried. After everybody settled back into the circle she began her lesson by asking the question, "Do any of you know the story of when a group of people brought their paralyzed friend to Jesus?"

I heard a couple of children say,"Oh, I know that one." They said it as they were hoping to hear something they didn't already know everything about. But there was one little boy who was completely intrigued by the story of these people taking the roof off the house so they could get their friend to Jesus. He kept looking at me and saying in an amazed voice,"They took the roof off the house?! They just busted the roof off?!"

Next Abi asked, "If you were the paralyzed man who had to be carried by your friends to Jesus and you had seen the crowd and felt like there was no hope and then  you had been carried to the roof and watched you friend tore open the roof and lower you until you were lying there in front of Jesus what would you want Him to do for you?" A lot of the older children knew the right answer and were calling it out enthusiastically. I, however, heard the whispered response of the little boy next to me. "I'd ask Jesus to carry me."




No comments:

Post a Comment