Thursday, June 25, 2015

Earth Has No Sorrow Heaven Cannot Heal

"Come out of sadness from wherever you've been.  Come broken hearted let rescue begin.  Come find your mercy; oh sinner come kneel. Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal." Just as the song ended my phone rang and I heard my daughter's plea, "Please come now. I need you!"

This was our second time to go the hospital and the somber faces we encountered when we arrived spoke volumes.  Abigail was twenty two weeks into her pregnancy in two more weeks her baby would be viable. Everything that could be done to save the life of this precious child was attempted.

There are things in life that exposed our vulnerability, situations over which we have no control. It is in times like these that we seek the shelter of the Most High and make the choice to abide in the shadow of the Almighty. We prayed for life before the throne of grace and found mercy as He covered us with His pinions. We had sought refuge under His wings and found that His faithfulness was a shield for our broken hearts.

We brought our desperate pleas to the throne of grace and there we found mercy to help us in our time of need.  Before the throne we found the freedom to pour our prayers mixed with tears. We had the assurance that we were heard. Into that place of deep sorrow the Comforter came. He came in answer to our desperate cry.

The fragile membrane of time and eternity was ruptured in the early morning hours. Amide the cries of anquish a little girl was born. I watched as my daughter held her child. I watched the gentle beating of my granddaughter's heart. She passed away in her mother's arms.

Because my daughter has placed her faith in the God of eternity she found comfort under the shadow of His wings. I watched as she bowed her head and worshipped the God in whom she placed her trust. Here are her words, "At 2:30 this morning we delivered the most beautiful baby girl I've ever seen. She was 1lb 3oz, too small for NICU to help. She passed away in my arms shortly after being born. She was beautiful and her days were beautifully numbered by the lamb so that she lived the fullest life he had ever intended for her. "

When we come before the throne of grace and pour out prayers mingled with tears we will always find mercy to help in our time of need. As I watched my daughter cradle her baby in her arms I heard once more these words. "Come out of sadness from wherever you've been. Come broken hearted let rescue begin. Come find your mercy; oh sinner come kneel earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal.  Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal."

No comments:

Post a Comment