Tuesday, June 16, 2015

We'll Cross the Bridge Together

It appears more like a ribbon than a bridge.  The slightest breeze causing it to twist and turn. My path has lead me to this point and to reach my destination I must cross the swaying bridge. I don't feel bold or brave as I look down from the dizzying height to the gorge below but to go forward I must cross the bridge.  This was the picture in my mind as I woke yesterday.

Yesterday I had an appointment with my Neurosurgeon. Yesterday my daughter had an appointment with the high risk Obstetrician.  We are blessed with excellent doctors, yet,  we are both facing a difficult pathway that we would not have chosen. Even though this is not what we would have chosen this is where we are. With all my heart I want to reach out and take my daughters hand and give her courage.

"Take my hand little girl and we shall cross this bridge together. I know that you can hear the howling wind.  I hear it too.  Come a little closer and let me whisper truth into your ear and it will silence the message of fear. I know it looks as if there is nothing solid beneath your feet but look again with eyes of faith and you can even walk upon the water.

The ancient promise still holds true God will keep you in perfect peace when your mind is steadfast when you trust in Him. My mother taught me to focus my mind, to open my heart, to receive a peace that is a gift for those who trust Him. I have sought to teach this truth to you and now you can teach it to your child.

Though the dangers are real so are the promises of our Heavenly Father and hand in hand we will cross this bridge together. "

No comments:

Post a Comment