Monday, December 10, 2012

Did I Miss It?

I thought I had plenty of time but now I find myself sitting in the dark wondering if I'm to late and it has passed me by. Did I miss it?

All these back roads look the same and there is no light. I can hardly see the curve of the road. Where am I? How did I get so lost! I thought I knew where I was going. I thought I knew where this road would take me but now I don't know where I am. I was wrong. Now I know that I am lost!

Walking on a deserted country road I suddenly feel afraid. I don't know what I'm afraid of but the fear is almost tangible it's like a warning to turn and go a different direction. I obey the warning and find out latter that a murderer lived down the road I was about to walk on.

I have a shepherd. There are times in my life when I feel like I have missed out on what I was supposed to do with my life except that as a child I asked Jesus to be my Savior. Jesus said that He was the Good Shepherd and ever since I was a child I have asked Him to guide me. So I choose to silence my doubts by trusting my shepherd.

I have a shepherd and this is a good thing because like sheep I have a tendency to loose my way. One of my favorite Psalms is Psalm 119. "With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law. I am a sojourner on the earth; hide not your commandment from me!" (Psalm 119:10,11,18,19) In this Psalm I see a passionate love for God's word. My heart resonates with the Psalmist passion. However, I also whisper the last verse of this Psalm in prayer as well. "I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek your servant, for I do not forget your commandments." (Psalm 119: 176)

I have a shepherd. I need a shepherd because I also have an enemy that comes to steal and kill and destroy. This spiritual enemy is just as real as the murderer who lived down the street. Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." ( John 10:10,11) I not only have a shepherd, I have a Savior.

Lord Jesus, like a sheep I do not know the path I am to take. Thank You for guiding me. Like a lamb that wanders off I too have sometimes lost my way. Thank You for seeking me. I have walked in the valley of the shadow of death. Thank You for being my Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment