Saturday, December 8, 2012

"Overshadowed"

Has your life ever been overshadowed by something? The definition of the word overshadow is:
1. to exceed in importance.
    "the tragedy overshadowed the couple's happiness"
2. to cast a shadow over.
     "the scandal followed her all her life."

This year I have had some health issues and I discovered that via the Internet I could spend hours doing researching if I chose to. However, I chose not to do that because I was afraid that if I did it would overshadow everything else in my life. I did not want to define who I am by things like that.

Although I chose not be overshadowed by my health issues there is something I do choose to be overshadowed by. I want to be overshadowed in the same way Mary was when the Gabriel said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you." (Luke 1:35)

In my life this overshadowing took place when I was baptized into Christ Jesus. "We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life." (Romans 6:4) This new life is lived in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Lord Jesus, I come to You and ask that I might decrees and that You would increase in my life. I want to be alive to You and dead to me. Please fill me today with Your Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment