Thursday, January 10, 2013

It Really Isn't that Complicted

It just seemed so complicated even though the request was simple. "Can you help me?" That was all he said yet his simple request opened a window in my mind that was full of questions. The end result was that I just turned and walked away without a word.

I was smitten with remorse when I turned again to look at him and saw that someone was talking to him. I could't see her face but I saw his and he was smiling. She continued to speak to him for quite a while and was still there as I drove away. I realized that I had missed a blessing.

The Bible teaches in James 5:16 that we are to confess our sins to each other and pray for each other that we may be healed. I was taking my grandson on an outing so when I drove away I confessed my lack of kindness to him. I told him that I had missed an opportunity to represent Jesus well. I asked him to pray for me and he did.

When we got to our destination I took out a five dollar bill and gave it to my grandson. "You have three options. You can use this to buy a hot chocolate, you can spend it at the gift shop or you can give it away but once it's gone it's gone." His face lit up, he had made his choice. He ran to the man sitting on the sidewalk playing his guitar. He looked him in the eyes and said, "Have a good day." Later when we were on our way home my grandson said to me, "Mimi, don't feel so bad about your mistakes God can make something good come from it." I smiled and knew he was right.

Heavenly Father, I make simple acts of kindness so complicated. When I fail help me to humble myself like a child and admit my failure and ask for prayer. Also Father, thank you for sending Your Son to be the Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment