Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Gave Myself a Gift Today

I gave myself a gift to today. When I read, "Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace...(Job 22:21) I lifted my eyes to heaven. When I did I saw the one who is high above all nations whose glory is above the heavens. The LORD my God, who is seated on high, who looks far down on the heavens and the earth. I saw the one, "who raises the poor from the dust and lifts the the needy from the ash heap, to make them sit with princes, with the princes of his people." (Psalm 113:5-9)

I gave myself a gift today. I traced the love of El-Shaddai through the pages of the gospels and found His love more than enough to settle all my fears and bring me peace. I saw the Christ wearing the crown of thorns silently paying the price of man's rebellion. The thorns that came when the love of God was rejected. I acquainted myself with the truth that the love of God was far greater than my sin.

I gave myself a gift today. Through the eyes of Daniel I gazed into the heavens and, "I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like the son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him. And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed."( Daniel 7:9-14)

I gave myself a gift today. I acquainted my with the love of God by looking in His word and with John, "I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.'"(Revelation 21:1-4)

Lord Jesus, on the night that You were betrayed when You broke the bread that symbolized Your body broken to take away my sins You gave thanks. Now it is my turn to give thanks. Thank You for not counting equality with God a thing to be grasped. Thank You for coming to earth with the message, "Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand."

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, precious Sarah! Thank you for the gift of your friendship and the way you always encourage me to see new and fresh things from God. Thanks for being my Enoch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your gift! You were on my heart all day. We celebrated Tommy's birthday last night... 2 days early, but 23 doesn't compare with 60! Love you and thankful you were born 60 years ago!

    ReplyDelete