Thursday, September 29, 2011

He dwells with the broken hearted

"For this is what the high and lofty One says- he who lives forever, whose name is holy: 'I live in a high and holy place,but also with him who is contrite and lowly in Spirit, to revive the heart of the contrite.'" Isaiah 57:15 What does this mean?

For years as I have read through the Bible and my mind has been blinded by the glory of God as I read the first chapters of Ezekiel. I have tried to picture the cherubim, the chariots of fire, the likeness of a throne, in appearance like sapphire, the likeness of an expanse ,shinning like awe-inspiring crystal. I have tried but could not truly grasp the glory of God and His dwelling place. Truly this awe-inspiring place is a fitting dwelling for a holy God yet He also dwells with "him who is contrite and lowly in Spirit".

Sometimes my vision is equally dimmed by the sin and suffering all around me. I see no glory only darkness shrouds my vision. Then I hear the word of  God penetrating my pain,"Surly the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear." Isaiah 59:1 "The Lord looked and was displeased that there was no justice. He saw there was no one to intervene; so his own arm worked salvation for him, and his own arm sustained him." Isaiah 5915,16

Isn't this the picture that I saw in the gospel at the foot of the mountain of transfigruation? Jesus stood on the mountain in his glory yet didn't stay there. He came into the valley and met a man whose heart and spirit were broken. Jesus showed that his arm was not to short to save nor was his ear deaf to the cries of one who was lowly in spirit. No one else could set the demon possessed child free so Jesus did it himself.

Lord Jesus, please give me the spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of you. Open the eyes of my heart and let me know the hope to which you've called me. Please show me the glorious inheritance you have for me. Let me see the immeasurable greatness of you power towards me. You who dwell in glory and with those who have a lowly spirit.

                               

2 comments:

  1. i know these words are not your own, mommy, but i thank you for being an open channel to send them my way.

    ReplyDelete