Friday, December 30, 2011

Between The Years

I call it the hallway between the years. This week between Christmas and the New Year is when I look back and read the journal I've been keeping. Looking at where I have been helps me gain perspective and see where I am going.

This hasn't been an easy year. There have been a lot of changes in my life and I have never found change easy. However, there have been some wonderful blessings as well. Because of the difficulties of this year the blessings seem to shine like stars in the night. I look at my blessings of this year in the same way a sailors looks to the stars to navigate. I choose to record my journey through the past year not based on  the darkness but on the point of light.

When I look at the prophecies in Scripture I see stars by which to navigate my life. In addition to looking back and seeing where God has led me I look forward and gain insight to where He is leading. "We have a more sure, the prophetic word, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shinning in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts." 2 Peter 1:19

Every year when I read through the Bible I trace God's faithfulness to fulfill the promises He made. I can see many of the prophecies that Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel and the rest of the prophets accepted by faith already fulfilled. These fulfilled prophecies have become the foundation stones I stand on  as I gaze at the stars in the night sky looking forward to the prophecies yet to be fulfilled.

Lord Jesus, You are the sun of righteousness who has risen with healing in your wings that the prophets foretold. When I reflect on the blessings of this past year I see the lamp of your love guiding me. As I look to this coming year please help me pay attention to your guiding light until the day dawns and Your morning star rises in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment