Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Truth That Cannot Be Hidden

A truth that cannot be hidden, a light that cannot be extinguished and a thirst that cannot be denied, these were the things I thought of while I listened to her story.

I listened as a beautiful young woman from China told me her story. She had been taught that all things could be accomplished by hard work. She had been taught that there was no Spiritual truth that it was all a myth. She said with eighty percent of her mind she agreed yet there was twenty percent of her that wondered. The truth could not be hidden, when it found her it set her free. I saw on her face pure joy, she had experienced a spiritual birth.

I meet the young man on a university campus in the Czech Republic. "Tell me how you became a Christian." He told me that he had been raised in a Communist home. He had been taught that Christianity was foolishness. Yet, when he came to the University he saw something different in the lives of those who followed Jesus. He was drawn to the light and the warmth that he found when he was around them. The light shone in the darkness and the darkness could not extinguish it. He came to the light and experienced a spiritual birth.

I knew she would be my friend from the moment I met her. She had been part of the Romanian Communist party. She told me how she had come to know Jesus as her Savior and in doing so a deep thirst in her soul had been satisfied. She had a passion to share Jesus with any who would listen. Being with her reminded me of Isaiah 55:1 "Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money,buy and eat!"

When Nicodemus came to Jesus at night with his questions Jesus responded by saying,"Truly,truly,I say to you unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus found this very illogical and Jesus went on to say,"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." Jesus drew the parallel between the Spirit and the wind. "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit." John 3 My friends had been told to ignore the wind that it didn't exist yet they found they could not deny it's reality.

Lord Jesus, when I meet those to whom the truth has been reveal, upon whom the light of Your glory shines and who have experienced the quenching of their thirst my heart sings the words from Hosea 6:3 "Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord;his going out is sure as the dawn; he will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains water the earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment