Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Muddy Feet Of Faith

“I don't know how to do this.” “Sarah, do you know how often you say that?”, my husband replied. “Do you have any idea how often I feel that?”, I thought to myself. It seems life is always taking me in directions I've never been before. I find myself confronted with situations that I didn’t expect and that I feel unequipped to handle.

The children of Israel were confused, Moses was dead and a swollen Jordan River lay between them and the Promised Land. What were they supposed to do? “As soon as you see the ark of the covenant of the LORD you God being carried by the Levitical priests, then you shall set out from your place and follow it...Do not come near it, in order that you may know the way you shall go for you have not passed this way before.”Joshua 3:3

The ark of the covenant represented the Lord's presents with them. They were to follow, simply to follow where they were led. Sometimes I see where the Lord is leading me and I am afraid. Even though I know it is the right way to go I still feel afraid. The children of Israel already knew that there were giants in the land. They knew there were walled cities and yet they were told to follow the ark of the covenant and the presence of the Lord would be with them.

“You have not passed this way before.” I identify with this statement. I have not passed this way before . I am unsure of where this path is leading me. I am faced with the same question the children of Israel were faced with, “Dare I trust the Lord who is leading me?” I find I must do what I'm sure the children of Israel did I must remember. I must remember His faithfulness to me in the past when He lead me through unfamiliar places.

Lord Jesus, You promised that You would never leave me or forsake me. Please help me not to forsake the way You've chosen for me because my faith is weak. When the priest who were carrying the ark of the covenant came to the Jordan it didn't divide until the soles of their feet were wet and they were standing in the muddy water. So Lord today help me not to be afraid to get my feet wet and muddy by following where You lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment