Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Finding The Way In The Maze

In the Fall when the corn stalks "look like they're climbing clear up to the sky" there are several places that invite you to try to find your way through the "Maze."  In a "Maze" a path has been cut through the tall stalks of corn. There is a starting point and an ending point and plenty of places to get lost in the middle. There are times in life when it feels like I am walking through a "Maze."

In the middle of the "Maze" sometimes the path splits. One way will lead your toward your goal the other will cause you to walk in circles. Often when I have made the wrong choice a since of panic grips me and I wonder if I will ever be able to find my way out. Usually about that point someone comes along who has a map and together we figure out the direction that leads us to our destination.

The reason it's so easy to get lost in a "Maze" is that all I can see are the tall stalks of corn that surround me everything else is blocked from view. Because I'm not omniscient sometimes all I can see are the facts that surround me and without unlimited knowledge I get confused about with way to go. I do, however, have access to the One who is omniscient and when I call out to Him in prayer I hear, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." Psalms 32:8

The thought that God is watching over me is very comforting. It's comforting because I believe He loves me and even though my path is hidden from me it isn't hidden from Him. A promise in His word is that He makes the simple wise as He teaches them the way they should go. In the midst of my confusion I can call out to Him and I find counsel from the Wonderful Counselor.

Lord Jesus, as I find my way on this often confusing path thank You that I can put my hand in Your scared hand and be reminded of Your unfailing love. My hope and my confidence are in Your love as You teach and counsel me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment