Monday, June 6, 2011

If there was one thing you could change about yourself what would it be?

If there was one thing you could change about yourself what would it be? I don't really have to think about this question to hard before I come up with not one but a long list of things. Many of the problems that come to mind have been with me most of my conscious life.

I struggle with my weight, I always have. It never mattered what I looked like on the outside I was still struggling on the inside. I am one of nine children, I think I have eight of the smartest and most successful people in the world as my siblings. I on the other hand used to sit in class and wonder what it would be like to understand exactly what the teacher was talking about, particularly in Latin class. Last but not least I have fought depression off and on since I was a small child.

In the ninth chapter of John Jesus' disciples ask him,"Whose fault was it that this man was born blind?"" Jesus answered,"It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him."  Could this be true for me as well?

The first miracle done in Jesus' name after His resurrection was done for a man who was over forty and been been crippled since birth. Acts three tells us in the name of Jesus he was healed. This place in his life that had always caused him grief now was the source of amazing joy. Could this be true for me?

Could it be that these weakness' in my life could become places where God's work could be displayed in me?

Lord Jesus, I come to You just as I am. I can't seem to heal myself even though I've tried really hard. I bring to You my inadequacies. Shine Your light on me, shine You light in me, shine Your light through me. Let the broken places in my life become the places other people see Your glory!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Sarah, This last blog is one of your best. All your blogs are wonderful. I feel privileged to be your mother. I could not be more proud of you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete