Monday, June 27, 2011

My prayer

Lord, help me care more about understanding other people and less about trying to make people understand me. This doesn't come natural to me. I need Your help.

Lord, your word says to be quick to hear slow to speak and slow to angry but I've got it all turned around. First I get angry then I'm quick to respond in anger. Often I've never even hear what the other person was trying to say. I want desperately for people to look beyond my words and care enough to look into my heart. Please Lord, show me how to do that when I'm with other people.

Lord, show me how to care about others more I do myself. Help me to love them so much that I'm willing to speak when to keep silent would be to keep safe. But Lord, help me to keep silent when to speak is just to justify myself or promote my own agenda. And Lord, I desperately need to know the difference.

Help me to be humble except in one area of life. When I come before You in prayer I ask for holy boldness. You have promised that if I ask anything in Your name You would give it to me. You told me that I didn't have because I didn't ask. Lord, I don't want to miss out on anything You have for me,so in this area make me bold!

And last of all Lord, thank You in advance.

1 comment:

  1. These are the things I need. It seems to me you walk these things out in life and you do so beautifully. I love you!

    ReplyDelete