Saturday, July 21, 2012

Move On

Sometimes my faith grows when I am faced with an impossible situation and God comes to my rescue doing for me what I could never do for myself. Then there are those other times when I am face with a hopeless situation  and while I'm waiting for God to come to my aid He tells me to move on.

This is how I imagine it happening with the Children of Israel:
 There they were boldly walking out of Egypt. Fresh on their mind was the power they had seen displayed by their God. All was right with the world until they turned around and saw that they were being pursued by Pharaoh's chariots and horsemen. Pharaoh was behind them and the Red Sea was in front of them. They were trapped.

Moses responded to their cry by telling them to "Be still." God responded to Moses' cry by saying, "Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on." (Exodus 14:15) Moses assumed God would work now as He had before with the Israelites. He expected to watch as God sent one more plague on Egypt.

This time, however, God required that they trust Him and that they take a step of faith onto the dry path across the Red Sea. Sometimes God asks this of me as well. Sometimes He calls me to walk by faith on an impossible pathway that he has made possible.

Father, as you open up the path You have chose for me enable me to follow You one step at a time.

1 comment: