Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Murderer's know how to lick hands too

"Sarah, I believe that God has assured me I'm doing the right thing." My friend and I were talking about her decision for her and her two young daughters to move in with her boyfriend. "He's even willing to pay for them to go to a christian school!" It didn't seem to matter that the Bible spoke directly to this situation she still felt assured she was doing the right thing. That's when I decided to tell her the story I'd heard long ago at a slumber party.

We would all gather around in our pajamas trying to see who had the scariest story.That's the first time I heard this story but it was more than just scary there was truth mixed in with it. Truth that might just expose the lie my friend was believing. It was worth a try so I began:

Once there were a group of girls having a slumber party. There had been news that week that there was a murderer on the loose. As the girls talked about it they became terrified. The girl who was hosting the party told them not to be afraid. She had her German Shepherd come into the middle of the circle. She explained how her dog always slept beside her bed. If she was afraid she would put her hand down and he would lick her hand and she would would know that all was well.He would be there with them in the room that night.

Several times during the night the girl thought she heard something but when she put her hand down she continued to feel the reassuring lick and went back to sleep. When she woke she was startled to find her dog and all her friends lay slain around the room. Sprawled on the wall opposite her bed were these words,"Murders know how to licks hands too."

"But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death." James 1:14,15 Without exception I have seen this to be true.

Lord Jesus, I have often allowed myself to be deceived.I know what it is to be lured and enticed by what seems so good to me but what you call sin. Please,please Lord Jesus, let me be one who remains steadfast under trail. By your grace let me stand the test. And please give me friends who love me enough to warn me when I'm being reassured by a murderer because your word says Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy.

No comments:

Post a Comment