Monday, July 4, 2011

Artificial boundies

I really didn't think she could do it. I tried to smile encouragingly when she told me her plans but deep inside I cringed.

I had spent the Summer watching her go from pale to gray. She was so sick she could barely wake up. She had lost a full year due to sickness. She had set goals that her health wound't allow her to keep. I wanted to protect her. I didn't want her to be disappointed again.

"Mom,I'm going to graduate with my class." She didn't just say the words she did the work. Much prayer was was offered, she and I both had learned it takes more than determination to accomplish a goal it take faith.

Faith isn't wishful thinking. Faith is putting your confidence in an Almighty God. It is not only placing your confidence in His promises it's acting accordingly. I wept as my daughter walked across the stage with her class to get her diploma."Faith is being sure of what you hope for and confident about what you don't see." I have seen faith in the life of my child.

All my life I have place artificial boundaries around me. I have told myself there are goals I cannot reach so I do not try. I at times would attempt to go beyond my boundaries but when I experienced failure it would only reinforce what I already knew.

Since my daughter's graduation I am reevaluating my boundaries. My goal in life is fulfill God's purposes through me in my generation. Yet there are several areas in my life where I have settled for artificial boundaries instead.

 By faith I will lay aside my fear of failure and do the work to win the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment