Saturday, July 30, 2011

Severe honesty

Doctors are good at it. I think that's why a lot of people don't go to the doctor. They are afraid of the truth.

My neighbor had been sick for a while. Her daughter urged her to seek medical attention but she refused. She confided in me that she was afraid she had cancer and just didn't want that fear confirmed. By the time she went to the doctor it was to late. I saw the pain and devastation her death caused and couldn't help but wonder if it could have been prevented.

I realize there are areas in my life where I am not really honest with myself. I don't want to look at the truth because I don't want to deal with the truth. I would rather be comforted by a lie rather than to be disturbed by the truth. I have also found that when I am not honest with myself a cloud of confusion begins to form. This cloud of confusion distorts reality.

Jesus taught that Satan is the father of lies. He also taught that Satan comes to steal,kill and destroy. To comfort myself with a lie is the same as comforting myself with a murder,a thief, or destruction. Jesus also taught that I could know the truth and the truth would set me free. Jesus came to give me abundant life. So I must ask myself again and again,"Why am I afraid of the truth?"

Lord Jesus, show me the truth. Show me where I have allowed myself to be deceived by the enemy. Jesus I believe you are the great physician I come to you and ask for severe honesty. I also come to you for healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment