Saturday, August 13, 2011

An eclipse can only hide the light it can never extinguish it

Thinking back, I can remember several eclipses.

The eclipses of my life have included times when the darkness surrounding me felt as if it would smother me. During these times of darkness I have at in silence. I have sat in silence waiting, waiting, waiting. The Bible says that faith is being sure of what you hope for and confident about what you don't see. An eclipse is an invitation to experience God by faith. The darkness of the eclipse invites me to base my relationship with God not on what I can see but what I believe.

"For whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." (Hebrews 11:6 ) Difficult times force me to draw near to God or away from Him. When faith is required I have to seek God because sometimes I don't feel His presence. When light is hidden by the darkness and my soul reaches out to God in faith, something happens.

Often in the silent stillness of the dark, all my brokenness becomes apparent. By faith and not sight, my heart cries out, and my cry is answered by the One who came to bind up the brokenhearted. When light is hidden from my view and I draw near to God by faith, I find in Him the One who gives rest to my soul.

He gives,"beauty for ashes,and the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit" (Isiah 61:3) The reward I find when I seek God during the eclipses of my life is that, sometime during the darkness, my weakness has been exchanged for His strength. When my heart has sought by faith what my eye cannot see, I am given the privilege of bringing glory to my Lord.

Lord Jesus, sometimes the path You lead me on is flooded with such glorious light. Sometimes I walk in darkness. Thank You for Your promise to never leave me or forsake me. In the light or in the darkness, let me always walk with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment