Tuesday, August 23, 2011

HELP! There is a tick on my shoulder blade

I felt something biting or stinging but when I looked I couldn't see anything. It was my left shoulder blade and I couldn't reach it. First, I tried with my right hand reaching down behind my head, no luck. Next, I tried to reach my left hand back and up but to no avail. No matter how I twisted or contorted my body I could neither see nor reach the spot. Finally, I asked my husband for help and within moments the tick was removed.

Sometimes in my spiritual life I feel like something is wrong. I can't tell exactly what but something just seems out of place. That's when I go to one of my brothers or sisters in Christ and ask for help. When I look at the Scriptures I see that God chose to put me in a community of believers.

There are at least 59 one another verses in the Bible. Here are some of them:
"Wash one another's feet" John 13:14
"Instruct one another" Romans 15:14
"Carry each other's burdens" Galatians 6:2
"Admonish one another" Colossians 3:16
"Encourage one another" Hebrews 3:13
"Spur one another on towards love and good deeds" Hebrews 10:24

Community can be messy but community is necessary. Sometimes I just need the people around me to help me understand what's going on. It is humbling to need other people I would prefer to have all the answers and not need anyone, but that's my pride. And I've learn over and over again," Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18

Lord Jesus, thank you for not leaving me down here all by myself on this pilgrim's journey. Thank you for letting me be part of a family of believers.





1 comment:

  1. I found you! Thanks for passing on what you're learning. Love Mary

    ReplyDelete