Sunday, August 7, 2011

Jack's door

"Jack, why do you have a shoe hanging on your door?"

Jack pointed out the other things he had hung on his door. At church they had talked about the armor of God. He had made a shield of faith out of cardboard; it hung on the door. He also had a wooden sword stuck in his back pack hanging on the door. As Jack pointed out the different items and why they were there, I smiled.

Doors lead somewhere. Jack's door reminds me of the truth of Ephesians 6:10-20. We are to be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. The strength of the Lord is something I put on or forget to put on. If I fail to put it on. If I fail to put it on, I fail to stand against the schemes of the devil.

I had trouble with this yesterday. I forgot that I wasn't just wrestling with flesh and blood. I forgot that my real battle was with rulers, against authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness. I forgot that Scripture tells me that there are spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. I left my armor hanging on the door and went into the world unarmed.

Lord Jesus, help me to be strong in the strength You give me. You have provided every thing I need to be more than a conqueror through You. Oh yes, and please help Jack to remember to always wear Your armor.

No comments:

Post a Comment