Wednesday, August 29, 2012

When Plans Change

One week from the wedding the Bride, my daughter, realized they'd forgotten to make reservations for the night of the wedding. Every place she called was booked because it was Labor Day weekend. That day she also found out that the people who she was buying the lace from for her wedding dress forgot to order it. Four days before the wedding our friends who were providing music called to tell us that there was a family emergency and they would be unable to come. That was also the day I, the mother of the Bride, had to have an MRI.

I talked to my sister on the phone and told her everything going on later that day she sent me this text: "God deals wonderfully in weddings. He allows-brings-crisis then turns water to exquisite wine! Praise him. He is awesome in power and mighty to save! ‘Bless the Lord O my soul!’ And forget none of his benefits!’”

I talked to my daughter about all the challenges she was facing as her plans were being rearranged. I told her one of the beautiful symbols that a marriage represents is that Jesus identified Himself as the Bridegroom of the church. As a wife is to rest in her husband's love so we are to rest in the love of Jesus. The way I see life is that the challenges I face are opportunities to encounter the love and provision of Jesus.

A friend found a beautiful room at a Bed and Breakfast where the Bride and Groom will go on their wedding night. It was more beautiful than she could have ever planned. Another friend drove to Atlanta and found material to replace the lace that wasn't ordered. She liked it better than the lace she had chosen in the first place. A friend of ours will play the cello for us and we are hoping to be a blessing to him. Concerning the MRI, I am resting in the love and provision of Jesus.

Lord Jesus, You turn the water in wine. I rest in You as I meet the challenges of life, waiting with expectation to see Your loving provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment