Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Beauty Of A Diamond

“Tell me the good new.” It's what I want to hear but sometimes people need permission to tell me more than just the good news. I can share in other peoples joy but what about their sorrows? Yesterday I was talking to a woman who has gone through a great amount of suffering and she told me how most people were uncomfortable with her pain.

He touched the blind eyes, He made His home with those who were poor and with those who were considered the outcasts. “Though he was in the form of God, he did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.” Philippians 2 Jesus came to take our griefs and carry our sorrows and then He invited us to follow His example.

“So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love...” When Jesus entered our suffering with His presents and His promises light over came the darkness. When we follow His example we too shine like lights in the world and there is joy.

When I think about joy that is born from sorrow I think of the way diamonds are made. To make a diamond there must be a great amount of pressure and a great amount of heat but in the end you have a jewel that is both strong and beautiful. When a diamond is exposed to the Sun it reflects the light and sparkles with the colors of a rainbow. Because Jesus is my Savior where once there was only grief now I find a diamond.

Lord Jesus, thank You for the joy of Your promises and Your presents. Thank You for making it possible to find encouragement, comfort from love and participation in Your Spirit. My the joy of my Salvation be like a diamond that reflects you light and causes others to be drawn to the rainbow of the hope I find in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment