Sunday, April 15, 2012

In You I Find Grace In You I Find Peace

I live in a broken world. I live in a broken world were there have been broken promises resulting in broken hearts. Like Eve whose hands were stained by the fruit of rebellion my own heart is stained by the sin of disbelief. Into this dark and broken world there is a bright ray of hope. There is grace and there is peace from God my Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

With eyes that often sting with tears I look upon the lives of those who struggle under the weight of sin. If I only saw the world with my physical eyes I would despair but day after day I look through the spiritual lens of God's word and find hope. I find the blessed God and Father of my Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed me in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places. What lavish love is this that he should have chosen me in Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world? It is only by his grace and mercy that I could be holy and blameless before him.

I live in a broken world. I live in a broken world were sin brings isolation and unforgiving hearts resulting in hate. My own sinful unforgiving heart would be doomed if it had not been conquered by the love of God. I marvel at the love that chose me in Christ before the foundation of the world. Before I knew him, in love, he predestined me for adoption through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed me in the Beloved.

In this broken world were sin has ushered in death there can be a chill of hopelessness, when death seems to claim dreams and those I love and leaves behind it only the shadow of what used to be. But the darkness has been overwhelmed by the light and death has been swallowed up in victory. God has made know the mystery of his will when he sent in his son. Through Jesus I have obtained an inheritance sealed with the promise of his Holy Spirit.

Lord Jesus, you came into this broken world and showed me the love of God when you redeemed me from my sins. You showed me the immeasurable greatness of your power by not only setting me free from my sins but by sharing your inheritance with me, in you I find grace, in you I find peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment