Friday, April 6, 2012

Trusting The One Who Is In Control

I heard her crying out in the night. I hurried down the hall to where my little girl lay crying, stepping on toys and knocking the pictures askew in my flight. When I got to her I wrapped my arms around her and whispered, “It's OK now, Mommy is here.” Her eyes were wide in terror as she told me her nightmare. My five year old daughter had dreamed she had been driving a car but she didn't know how to steer it and she couldn't reach the brakes. As I stilled my frightened child I remembered similar dreams of not being in control from my own childhood, but I remembered sometime else too, the words of a song Jesus,Savior Pilot Me.

Jesus, Savior, pilot me
Over life's tempestuous sea;
Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rock and treacherous shoal.
Chart and compass come from Thee;
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.

I heard her calling in the night. She was calling out in pain but not in fright. Long ago she had surrender her will to her Savior. “Mom, I here,” I said. She patted my hand comfortingly, “It's alright ,Sarah, go back to sleep I'll be alright.” She had walked many years being guided by her Savior and now she was was almost home. Again I was reminded by the words of the song.

When at last I near the shore, And the fearful breakers roar
Twixt me and the peaceful rest,
Then, while leaning on Thy breast,
May I hear Thee say to me,
Fear not, I will pilot thee.”

Lord Jesus, when I was young I heard of Your steadfast love. I have seen those who trust in Your unfailing love walk their last steps in peace. Cause me to know the way that I should go, for to You I lift up my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment