Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Judegment

When I was a little girl I had no trouble at all judging him. From the first time I heard the story I condemned him with all the self righteousness that was in my young heart. Jesus stood before Pilot and even told him that His kingdom was not of this world. Then Pilot had to form a critical opinion and pronounce judgment. Pilot was afraid, if he choose to believe the incarnate word of God who stood before him he would be at enmity with those who had power over his position of authority. Was it Jesus who stood on trail before Pilot or Pilot who stood on trail before Jesus? Pilot pronounced his judgment, he choose to side with the world.

“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.”2 Timothy 3:16 When I was an untested child it was easy for me to condemn Pilot but I like him have failed at times when I have had to judge between what the Word of God says and what the world says. If I take my stand with God's word I will place myself at enmity with those who disagree with God's judgment. What shall I do? I can either stand in judgment of God's Word or let God's Word judge me?

When I was a little girl I had no trouble at all judging her. From the first time I heard the story I condemned her with all the self righteousness that was in my young heart. Eve stood in the garden before the serpent. God had placed her in Paradise and had given her permission to eat the fruit of any tree in the Garden but one. Now the serpent was before her forcing her to form a critical opinion and pronounce judgment. Did God really love her and have her best interest at heart, could she trust Him? Eve chose to be deceived because of the lust of her flesh. Eve pronounced her judgment she listened to the serpent and took what God had forbidden.

“For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piecing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And a no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.” Hebrews 4: 12,13 When I was an untested child it was easy for me to condemn Eve but I like her have failed when I have been tempted by the serpent to take what God has forbidden. I have stood before God's Word with both my hands and mouth stained by what I judged to be good. It was the living active word of God that exposed my thoughts and the intentions of my heart standing before Him all the sin of my heart was exposed.

Lord Jesus, You told me that I have a three fold enemy, the world, the flesh, and the Devil. I have fallen before each one of them. In the Garden You promised a Savior. When Jesus stood before Pilot He was condemned to die but it was not for His guilt but mine. Thank You Jesus, that when I come before the court of Heaven to be judged you have taken away my sin so that I can be pronounced righteous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment