Thursday, February 17, 2011

Get up

"Mom, I want to have more faith","Well,'my Mother said,'The Bible says,Faith comes by hearing and hearing comes by the word of God. If you really want to have more faith I'll wake you up tomorrow at 5 A.M. so you can read the Bible before school." That sounded great to me, a grand adventure, getting an opportunity to really know God! It sounded really good at 5 P.M.,however, at 5 A.M. it didn't sound quite so good.

The next morning my Mother came into my room. She didn't turn on the light she didn't speak in a loud voice. In fact she whispered,"Sarah, if you want more faith,get up." Then she quietly left the room.

An amazing thing happened,my bed became alive. The covers became warm arms that wrapped tightly around me. My pillow spoke to me in a warm comforting voice saying,"Stay,Sarah, close your eyes and sleep." I cried out to the Lord for rescue using the only words that would come to me,"Help Lord, my spirit is willing but my flesh is weak!"

To escape my bed I had to roll onto the floor. I found that at 5 A.M. the gravitational pull on the earth is very strong therefor I had to crawl out of my room. I can't remember how many days I went through this process before I conquered by bed and gravity but I can tell you it was worth it.

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me.

I was thirteen when my mother woke me up so many years ago now I am approaching sixty. I can hardly wait for the morning to come when I can hear His voice calling me,"Arise, my beloved and come away." "O, yes, yes my Lord. I will get up."

No comments:

Post a Comment