Saturday, February 26, 2011

and the blind shall see...

I have heard it referred to as blind faith and I can understand that because faith, by definition, is to be sure of what you hope for and confident about what you do not see. The future is seen, just not with my eyes of flesh. As a blind man would trustingly take the hand of one who has vision; the Almighty, Sovereign, Omniscient, God of the Universe has extends to me an invitation take His hand.

I was leaving home for the first time filled with a since of my own inadequacy the first time I heard this poem. The woman who gave it to me was in a nursing home. She had never married and had come to a place in her life where she had to make a life altering decision. It was during this time of vulnerable uncertainty that she was given this poem.

None of us knows what tomorrow holds, but for the one who has faith it is enough to know the One who holds tomorrow. Like a child who is loved I choose to reach out my hand and take the hand extended to me.

" As thou goest, step by step, I will open the way before thee." Proverb 4:12

Child of my love, fear not the unknown
     Dread not the new demand life makes of thee:

Thy ignorance doth hold no cause for sorrow
     Since what thou knowest not is known to Me.

Thou canst not see today the hidden meaning
     Of My command, but thou the light shalt gain;

Walk on in faith, upon My promise leaning,
     And as thou goest all shall be made plain.

One step thou see-th - Then go forward boldly,
     One step is far enough for faith to see,

Take that, and thy next duty shall be told thee
     For step by step thy Lord is leading thee.

Stand  not in fear thy adversaries counting,
     Dare every peril, save to disobey

Thou shalt march on, all obstacles surmounting
     For I, the strong, will open up the way.

Wherefore go gladly to the task assigned thee
     Having My promise, needing nothing more

Than just to know, where're the future finds thee
     In all thy journeying  I go before.

unknown author

No comments:

Post a Comment